Pages

Why we should use blog with students?

Many reasons why teachers should use blog with students. I think Blogging can change the way of learning and engaging student to think critically while they creating blog, write some new post and comment to each other blog. Especially, Students will really enjoy while they creating blog and when their freinds comment on their post or say " I like your blog"

There are reasons 'Why we should use blog with students?'
1.   Increased motivation for writing – all students are happy to write and complete aspects of the post topic. Many will add to it in their own time.
2. Increased motivation for reading – my students will happily spend a lot of time browsing through fellow student posts and their global counterparts. Many have linked their friends onto their blogroll for quick access.
3. Students set the topics for posts – leads to deeper thinking activities.

Actually there are many many reasons but I just gave you three reason that I think Blog will help with my primary students.  Let's share your idea 'Why we should use blog with students?'

8 comments:

Vivi said...

Hi Cherry~!
Everytime I enter in your blog, I feel comfortable. The little boy in the picture is cute ^^
I agree with you that blog is a great way to use with students. It will also help some kids who are shy to communicate with teachers.

Wilairat said...

I agree with you that blog can create critical thinking to students. The students are proud of their tasks as well. In addition they will have opportunity to exchange ideas together. Its the aim of education nowadays.

Thinnakorn said...

Blog is one of one of the powerful critical thinking tools for learning process. I do agree with you that it helps increase writing, reading and topic-setting skills. What I should add here is that Blogging helps enhance art and creativity! Like your Blog... It's not just a Blog, it's a gallery of art mixed with creativity and knowledge!

Benjamas said...

Vivi,
Thank you for your compliment. Some of my students are shy to communicate with teachers so I think it is a good idea for using Blog then these students will have a voice in class as well.

Benjamas said...

Wilairat,
For sure that students will pround with their tasks likes me now. I really enjoy creating Blog and feel good that we are sharing what we know and I also learn many things about Wikis in your Blog.

Benjamas said...

Thinnakorn,
Blog is the powerful critical thinking tools for learning process like you said. I remember previous course that we learned, one of your project was using Blog to prompt critical thinking. I learned about chinese flute from your previous blog and now I learn about social networking,I like your Blog especially your banner so I totally agree with you 'Blogging helps enhance art and creativity'

Leigh said...

Cherry, have you ever used blogs with your students? I know they are younger, but perhaps there could be a class blog, and they can take turns posting? You have a lot of great ideas about how teachers can use blogging as a tool! =)

Paponpat S said...

I agree with your 3 reasons ,the blog woll facilitate the students to communicate with the each others.

Post a Comment