Pages

Why Use Blogs In Education?


Blogs are widely popular in education, as evidenced by more than 500 thousand educational blogs hosted by edublogs. Teachers have been using them to support teaching and learning about 7 years ago. Through years of practice, a common understanding has formed around the benefits of the use of blogs in education.
Blogs can be use in classroom environment for diary entry; it also can be a useful tool to link communication between study groups within a class or other classes or even schools. If use effectively, blogs can create a learning environment that extend beyond the schoolyard.
Ad     Additionally, blogs give students ownership over their own learning. You can have your students create their own Blog to… write comments, opinions, or questions on daily news items or issues of interest discuss activities they did in class and tell what they think about them
          Blogs can be used as a
      -
 Personal journal or diary.
               - Share information on topics that interest you.
      -
Engage in discussion.
      -
Share opinion and comment with other users.
      -
Class project page.

5 comments:

Vivi said...

I started a blog in MSN space 5 years ago. So I love blog a lot! For education, it is really another great method to enlarge our knowledge-base after class, as well as a great way for students to communicate with their instructor any time they want.

Thinnakorn said...

Blog is one of the popular Social Networking tools right now. When combining with education it can help benefit the larger global community. Thank Benjamas for raising this issue. There are around five hundred thousand educational blogs right now! That's great!

Your blog is also one of them.... this is very useful blog for education! You have provided knowledge and insight for learning. Thank you!

Benjamas said...

Vivi,
I used to have MSN space too but for long time ago. I also like MSN Spaces because it is a free community communications offering from MSN that allows me to create personal Internet Spaces sites where I can express myself in a variety of ways and interact with people that interest in the same thing. My favourite part of MSN space or blog is 'timing' that we can read or give comment whenever we want.

Benjamas said...

Thank you very much Thinnakorn for your comment. Everytime I got your comment,I called it 'compliment' and it is a kind of positive reinforcement that make me feel want to share more and want to make my Blog become useful Blog in education like you said. So I think we can say this is a benefit of comment in blog that you will learn and know more by sharing your idea. Now I want to post new issue!

Wilairat said...

At the present time, Blogs are widely used in education especially in the graduate level. For 7 years of staring, Blogs provide great benifits to teachung and learning. I believe that in the future there will be more benifit as you said.

Post a Comment